Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kniting 101

Tonight is my first knitting class.  I have been working on crocheting an afghan for about a month now and so far so good.  I like crocheting because it keeps my hands busy and my mind off of eating.  Since knitting seems to be more popular and therefore there are more patterns to chose from I decided to give it a try.  The local craft/fabric store is offering a class so I signed up.  I'm excited to learn, though a bit fearful that I won't be able to do the whole two hands at once maneuver.  I guess I will soon find out now won't I!  Wish me luck ladies.

Update (11/8/10):  I am still on the fence about the knitting.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it's slow going.  At least with crocheting you see progress really fast.  Not so much with knitting, at least not for me.  I'm going to continue to plug at alternating between crocheting the afghan and knitting a scarf.  The scarf may take longer:)

5 comments:

Tiara said...

Good Luck! My Grandma (who lives with me) knits & I've tried to have her teach me & I just can't get it...can't wait to see your creations!!

Anonymous said...

you'll do great! I also crochet - its easier than knitting isn't so hard either, it just takes a little more practice. have a great time tonight!

BB said...

I took a knitting class this time last year. I loved it. I was diligent about knitting for several months but have not done much lately. Enjoy!

♥ Mary ♥ said...

I hope the class went well! I didn't think I would ever be able to knit much more than a washcloth.... it takes time and patience and practice. I've recently been knitting baby hats for a charity and now I just knitted my first pair of mittens (on a second pair now). I think it becomes addicting when you really get going. Good Luck!!

Kara said...

Hi there! I've been a knitter off and on for years...It does take some getting used to but once you get into the flow, you won't stop! And yes, it's a great outlet for both of your hands...
I really like your blog and am brand new in the blogosphere...I too am a single woman trying to get pregnant, with a few losses under my belt, but happy to be plugging away again. Good Luck, I hope you realize your dream.
~Kara http://awombwithaview-kara.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment